Visiting the Facial Plastic Surgery Center
Your first visit to the Facial Plastic Surgery Center involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page where you will find all the practical information you need.
Setting up a Consultation
When you first call our office, you will be greeted by our professional staff who will schedule your consultation and answer your questions.
To save you time, please download and complete a New Patient Form prior to your visit. Please save the form on your computer. For instructions on how to save the form on your computer
Please fax your New Patient Form to our office.
fax: (312) 255-8904
What to Expect at Your Consultation
Dr. Toriumi will begin the consultation with a thorough discussion of your medical history and your concerns about your appearance.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your expectations and desired outcome
- Existing medical conditions and drug allergies
- Medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are currently taking
- Previous surgical procedures
Dr. Toriumi will:
- Have photographs taken of you for your medical record
- Discuss your options and his recommendations
- Discuss the outcomes and risks of the procedures
Computer Graphic Imaging
Dr. Toriumi will give you a demonstration of your results using Computer Graphic Imaging (CGI). CGI is used for rhinoplasty (surgery of the nose). Using CGI, Dr. Toriumi can manipulate the program to realistically reflect what you might look like after surgery.